CALLING ALL D.I.Y.ers!!!
I could use some ideas, color schemes, and (the big key) experienced advice about doing a few things to our current bathroom. First, take a look at the pictures and then we’ll get down to business.
Here are the conditions that we have to work with:
- Budget: There is no budget. As in, we have no money. So whatever ideas you have need to be thrifty.
- Tagging on to #1, we are keeping a few things: countertops, cabinets, fixtures, sink, toilet, and bathtub. Don’t get fancy on me, we’re not ripping out the bathtub to put in a state-of-the-art shower with 10 pulsating shower heads and a TV and Bose surround sound! (one day…..*sigh*)
- Shower sliding doors/curtains. Currently we have an accordion style, plastic door where glass would normally be. I’m not a fan. HELP!
- Style: We are people who like simple designs, clean lines, and little clutter. My husband appreciates that I don’t make everything hot pink with zebra stripes and “all-girlie-froo-froo.”
- Floors: At the moment we have a deep forest green carpet that is in great condition. I’m not sure our land-lord (Grandfather) would let us rip it out and put tile in there. We might be able to do that when we get the dream shower. So until then……the green carpet stays.
I’m curious to hear what you would do to this bathroom. Ideas? Suggestions? Bring it on!