During the AdvoCare cleanse, I find that I do better if I have snacks readily available during the day. Sometimes I get so busy at work I won’t have time for lunch, but can grab a hand full of trail mix or an apple.
Here’s a strange thing,….lately I’ve been craving something spicy! If you know me, you know that I’m a baby when it comes to turning up the heat of food. I can’t handle ANY spice without saying “It burns my tongue!!” My family may never let me live it down. I don’t know why, but I’ve wanted spicey things lately. Strange, right?!?! So last night, I had an idea: make a snack with some kick to it! And so I started something new for us:
- 2 cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Favorite Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain both cans of chickpeas and blot with a paper towel to soak up any excess water. The less water the better!
- Spread out chickpeas on parchment paper.
- Generously dust/sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. (I used a Cajun seasoning to get that spice kick I’ve been craving!)
- Drizzle olive oil on chickpeas just to cover, then toss so it’s well spread.
- Bake for 20 minutes then stir to make sure it doesn’t burn. Bake 20 more minutes. Look for a golden brown color in the chickpeas. Once cooled, they should have a light crunch.