It rained here,….sort of. It was dark, windy, and raining south of Midland/Odessa when I left work. It rained for a good 5 minutes and then it stopped. Just like that. You couldn’t tell on the streets or side walks that we’d received any rain in our neighborhood. I guess I should be thankful for 5 minutes of rain, it’s better than no rain at all!
Inspired by the cloudy evening, I decided to make one last stew before temperatures are in the 100’s for the rest of the week.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey meat
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 8 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 small can of green chilies
- 1 packet of Taco Seasoning (low sodium)
- 2 cups of water
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn before combining with full can of kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, green chilies, and taco seasoning. Stir well and let simmer.
- Saute chopped onions and ground turkey until turkey is cooked through.
- Add meat and onions to the mixture and add 2 cups of water.
- Allow to bubble and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with cheese and corn chips.
*I use lactose free cheese and a gluten free corn chips. This helps keep my allergies in check as well as makes the recipe a bit healthier!